Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Australia: And A Country Oh so Far Away

I cried as I left Abby a few weeks ago -- luckily, the real tears didn't start flowing until I was almost out of her classroom door but they did nonetheless. She's grown up enough to tell her dad, "mom's losing it."  Indeed, I was.  Just that day as the emotions overcame me thinking about boarding a flight to Adelaide.

Australia?  Oh, yes -- it is exotic and lovely and exciting. And I love my colleagues down under.  But it is so terribly far away.

I love my work. Anyone who is reading this and knows me, knows that I truly cherish the work that I do and feel that I am making a contribution.

But, how I wish that Australia was closer to.....France.  The UK. Belgium.  Spain.  Okay, you get the point.

P.S. This was the view from my lovely hotel room in Sydney.