Sunday, June 23, 2013

Ghana: And Wishing....for Something Else

Sometimes I have to get on a plane. And fly very far away. Sometimes, it the last thing in the world I want to do.

As it was on Friday night, my tenth wedding anniversary and Stefan's last day of pre-school.  As we headed off to Dulles International Airport, I wished instead that I was sitting on our front porch, as we did last Friday night, sipping a glass of wine and chatting with our neighbors on Capitol Hill.

Today, I'm in Accra, the capitol of Ghana.  I'm not feeling very happy about being here. I'm feeling a wee bit homesick.  I'm feeling a wee bit blue.

But this mother and daughter brought a smile to my face today.  And perhaps I brought a little smile to theirs, buying 18 yards of colorful, amazing African fabric at the Markula Market for my next project.