Thursday, February 21, 2013

Europe: Some Recent Stops

It's been a month. Oh so much has happened since then. Miles logged. Reconnecations with old friends.  Work, work, work.  Most significantly? A trip back to Serbia, my former hometown. Right now, I'm working on a small article and hoping to get it published but I'll give you some small highlights from my fabulous, inspiring, bittersweet week in Belgrade.

Like the Serbian design scene.  Designers like Aleksandra Lalic and Dragana O. are breaking new ground.  Women in NYC would die for these designs -- edgy, modern, oh so cool.

I came home with just a few new dresses and jackets. Oh, and a skirt and a blouse.  It was very hard to decide which of these unique designs to bring home.

I could not have imagined 15 years ago when I was promoting democracy there that such a scene would emerge. But I am so thrilled that it did.