Monday, March 11, 2013

DC: Calling all Foodies

Oh, it was all it was cracked up to be. All that was written about it.  All I had been told.

I finally made it to Union Market today, described by Food and Wine as a step above Eastern Market and that it certainly was.  A fine blue sky over the imposing white lettered sign seemed to say welcome.

Wine and cheese flights at a sleek bar? A butcher devoted to fine cuts of lamb from Virginia? An oyster bar, Rappahanock, serving up what appeared to be oysters and much more?






The space is sleek and modern and teeming with 20 and 30 somethings. (Note: I didn't see a kid in sight, other than my 9 year old).

Several yummy cheeses, a baguette and 3 pounds of lamb chops later, I emerged.  Today, I'm still smiling thinking about this little food jewel in my city.