Saturday, November 23, 2013

Vermont: And a Single Girl's Life

About every other Monday, I put on a certain outfit. And a certain makeup. And wear a certain hair style.

And then drive for 30 minutes to the airport to board a plan to take me to there.  My Mac comes out. My IPad is revealed. I'm focused on where that plane will take me and what lies ahead.

There is "home." Well, not really. But it used to be and it's the city that I know. And find more and more to love about. Neighborhoods. Restaurants. Cafes. Coffee bars. Old friends.

Familiarity.  Comfort.

And so on Monday evening, I found myself at Anbar, catching up with my Polish/American friend, Agneiszka, who has traveled the work and seen to so much. And is interesting in her own rite.

We drank Croatian and Serbian wines. Talked about kids. Talked about travels.

Here's to those evenings.